11.02.2009

this just in: big event, little brain.

When you are desperate to get something into the ether, and nothing interesting has happened to you personally, it makes good sense to talk about the events of the day. Attack the big idea and your reward will be a minimum of four hundred words.

Unfortunately, the big ideas today are all things that nobody really cares about. There's the mayors race; you know, that Bloomberg guy? I could also discuss the war in Afganistan and the fallout around a general running point in the cover up of a murder. Or, if I was feeling really slick, I could talk about the economy, and how not everything is coming up roses. For instance, it still costs a lot of money to do pretty much anything, these days.

It's unfortunate that these are the memes of the day, not for the obvious reason that they are all dire in their seriousness, but rather that I'm not qualified to intelligently discuss any of them.

I follow local politics, but I'm empty headed enough that the only impression I have of either candidate amounts to memories of fonts on litter in my apartment complex. The war in Afganistan is so forgettable, Hillary Clinton (did you know that she is the Secretary of State?) forgot to bring it up on her recent trip to Pakistan. As for the economy, as far as I can tell there was never any real problem, and there still isn't; except the no jobs thing. And people hiding their cash from sunlight. Besides that, it's all good.

I'll get back to you soon. I'm going to look for some content. Be right back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could talk about what Al Gore's up to.

Steven said...

what is al gore up to, justin?